Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Friday 10 November 2017

MY NATURAL HAIR JOURNEY! (ONE YEAR AND COUNTING)

Abimbola Omole




It has been one year since I started my natural hair journey, although I really cant remember the exact date my mom helped me with the big chop, I only know it was in the last week of the month of November, so I am celebrating throughout this week !😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁





The journey has not been an easy one to be completely honest with you, I mean I have had my share of good and bad. Days my scalp will keep burning me like pepper or days where I look like a 16 year old because low cut. Let me just give you a little background story of my hair:

*rewinds to 15 years earlier* ISSA NOLLYWOOD 

Growing up with my two sisters is the most beautiful experience I ever had. I am in the middle of these two amazing women and I am the luckiest lady in the world because of them. Although, we look alike on almost all levels, I mean the beauty and brains sturvs 😎😎😎 but one major thing that differentiates us is our HAIR. * must be on caps because of emphasis sake* while my hair is really strong and dark and silky like sponge, these my other two sisters have very soft, luscious and very very very long hair. I could not even keep up as a child, I was on low cut throughout my childhood days and these my sisters are just all over the place winning with their long hairs. 
My secondary school did not kukuma allow me to plait my hair, except in senior classes, but me I chose the low cut life until my valedictory service where mans was expected to baff up and I decided to add some jelly cream to my hair to relax it. I was kukuma clueless with the whole hair thing so I felt it was the right thing to do. Since then, I have been looking for a relaxer that can remedy my very strong hair but all to no avail. I finally resulted to using almost anything anyone recommends and nothing worked. I am quite a fighter and giving up isn't one of my strongest points, so I kept trying and Voila! My mother suggested a remedy: Bimbola, Cut your hair and stay natural. It wasn't an easy decision at first, had to seek permission from my Dad and luckily, he agreed and on a morning of the day I cant remember, I sat on a stool with scissors in my Mom's hands cutting away my already stressed loose ends. 

Few days later, I could not stand the stress, I mean maintaining natural hair is quite stressful and very expensive. I decided to get some coconut oil and shea






butter and my people, this is the ONLY natural hair products I use, I AM COMPLETELY BEING HONEST WITH YOU.

The only thing I was extra with was what I ate, I began inculcating foods that helps to grow hair in my diets- more eggs, sweet potatoes, avocado, banana, citrus, to mention but a few. This was the magic I used and my hair is bouncing in the lord !😎😁

 This my natural hair journey has taught me a very important lesson I wanna share with you- 

Sometimes, we are always looking for short cuts to right our wrongs and most times, the only solution there is it to just relax, take a deep breathe and start all over again. You'd be more happier and the solution will be more lasting. Remember what the scripture said in the book of Psalms 11:3 - When the foundations are being destroyed,

what can the righteous do?

 

Do not forget to like my facebook page oh! There is a give away coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO IS ALSO EXCITED?! 😎








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS