Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Friday 29 September 2017

CHICKEN CURRY MADRAS RECIPE.

Abimbola Omole






It is no longer news that my best friend got married last weekend. She got married to the love of her life and the ceremony went down very well. Of course, yours truly was the chief bridesmaid and I carried out my duties diligently. To think that this is my first time doing this bridesmaid thing and I totally rocked the show!

Since she got married, I have been staying alone and even though I tried bribing my other close female friends to come stay with me, none of them agreed. I have been struggling with this but I know I will adjust, with time. Also, I am learning to embrace the isolation and get into full understanding that it is okay to be set apart. 

Enough gist about me jareh! how una dey??



There is this continental sauce that I have been sleeping on for quite some time now. It is very simple to make and you can even go ahead and pair it with any type of rice. Been craving something really different and I will definitely have this during this l-o-n-g w-e-e-k-e-n-d. So I thought to myself, why not post this recipe for your blog readers? So here we are;  CHICKEN CURRY MADRAS RECIPE.


INGREDIENTS
  • Chicken (Boiled)
  • Irish potato (Diced)
  • Vegetable oil
  • Onions (Diced)
  • Ginger (Diced)
  • Garlic (Diced)
  • Curry
  • Carrots (Diced)
  • Green beans
  • Flour for thickening
  • Seasoning
  • Water
DIRECTION
  1. Place a pot on heat and add about two cooking spoons of vegetable oil, then proceed to add  already chopped onions, garlic and ginger.
2. After frying for about 2 minutes, proceed to add the already boiled chicken. Allow it to fry a bit then add a teaspoon of flour for thickening. ( Do not add water to the flour, just add it in its dry and powdery form)
3.  The next step is to add water to the mix. Add about a quarter of a cup. Do not put too much water as this will make it too watery and we don't want that. 
4. Add curry, seasoning cubes and salt. Make sure you taste frequently to avoid excessive seasoning. 
5. Add carrots, Irish potato, green pepper.
6. Allow to simmer for about two minutes.
Chicken curry madras is ready! 
Serve with fired rice, jollof rice or white rice .
I had mine with Brown Rice, another continental dish I learnt just recently. I will post the recipe soon!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS