Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Thursday 29 September 2016

FOOD WARS!!!

Abimbola Omole








Hello Darlings!
Sorry I couldn't post last week, heez not my fault oh! *inserts geek mode*  I was experiencing some technical difficulties, one of  my blog reader sent me a mail complaining about not being able to comment, and my boss - VADEX DESIGNS came to my rescue. They are into website customization, in case you need one!

You can see that blog mi ti upgrade! Yay! I'm so excited about this new design, if you have any useful tips or comments about it, don't hesitate to let me know! *wide grin



*In whispers there is a silent food war going on and it has been for a long time ago now. If you are not aware of this wars, its better you continue reading so you can arm yourself with necessary ammunitions you can use to protect you and yours! LOL. First, let me tell you those involved:


NOODLES vs PASTA

Personally, I've been faced with this war of choosing between noodles and pasta and it hasn't been an easy one. Noodles are kinda easy to make, even my 10 year old younger brother knows how to make it, you wan quick quick rush enter kitchen cook something because hunger don wire you? Noodles are one of the best options.  Noodles can be cooked in a variety of ways.  People even go ahead to serve it in soaked soup (broth) like our Chinese brethren, me I don't like water water noodles. Have you guys taken noodles and bread before? LOL 
   But pasta is just on a different kind of tasty, Pasta is just like a babe that doesn't do much but still slays in her simple adornment! It is generally cooked by boiling. Jollof pasta is one of my favourite foods. I know some food technologist will come and tell me that they're the same thing Shift biko my tastes buds begs to differ... 

SWEET POTATO vs YAM

Because I’m from Ekiti, I believe yam has won the war! Pounded yam is one of our natural treasures in Ekiti. You cannot have pounded sweet potato, is only POUNDED YAM (must be in caps for emphasis sake) so just please pass me my obe Isapa mixed with egusi,  let me digest it with bush meat and  palm wine! If you've not tasted this combo before! Ya missing baje! *shines teeth. Yam can either be boiled or fried. Boiled yam and egg is just a wonder working meal for me. *bashes eyelashes.
But have you tasted sweet potato pottage before??? It tastes so delicious ehn!  You can even garnish it with senrenren, like shaki, crayfish, ponmo, snails, meatballs, etc. Words can't just express how tasty it is! Also, sweet potato is relatively cheaper than yam. You can get for as low as #100. You can boil it and digest it with eggs, stew and sauce.  So tell me, which do you prefer?   






AKARA vs MOINMOIN

This war going on here is very obvious ehn! Although they are from the same product, their battle is always shest to shest! Akara is relatively simple to make and quite fast. It is also cost friendly, I mean I even tried SISI YEMMIE akara pancake recipe weeks back and it's just so simple! You can take it with pap, custard or garri. Bread and akara comes in handy! Anywhere!! Anytime!!!
 Fit Fam people will of course prefer moin moin to akara. They are very 'foodist' with anything dipped into oil. Hian. Moinmoin needs little effort to slay. Since its JOLLOF RICE distant cousin, its shine comes natural. Moinmoin don upgrade sef. It now comes in star shapes, pizza shapes, etc. Good relationships rub off oh! Moinmoin is a typical example. I prefer moinmoin to akara, not because I'm #FitFam oh! Is because.... I can't explain..... I can't explainnnnnn.........  



JOLLOF RICE
This one is just like the North Korea of food! Dem no born any food to compete with Jollof Rice! You wan die?? Is better for you to start attaching yourself with Jollof rice if you want to upgarde! Go and ask Dodo and Moinmoin. They will tell you more. LOL.
There are grades of Jollof rice oh, concussion is not a jollof, it's just a mimic of jollof, then there is home cooked jollof rice, that one should start with a small 'j' the highest grade of jollof is the ALMIGHTY PARTY JOLLOF RICE that is cooked with firewood. Is it just me or is there someone else who thinks burnt jollof tastes way better? There are also some little tips that makes one a pro in cooking JOLLOF!! I prepared it for my birthday and I will soon share my recipe! 


 Are these food wars imaginary? What do you think? 


Now that the issue has been resolved, there is no longer excuse for you not to comment oh! Remember they are like chunks of okporoko in my egusi soup!

*kizzezz



2 comments:

  1. I don't know about you... But moinmoin seems to be winning the war and doing the magic for me.. Come to think of the numerous combo you are blessed with.. Be it with Rice,Bread,Garri or custard.. With moinmoin, all I do is Win win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed ! Moinmoin is just all shades of tasty! But I prefer Akara cos it's so simple to make and doesn't take time! Maybe cos I'm lazy ☹

    ReplyDelete

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS