Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Tuesday 25 December 2018

AMALA JOINTS OR NOT?!

Abimbola Omole









My love for amala joints is dated back to my secondary school days where we will start “saving money- reduce the money we spend in tuck shop” few days to vacation day so we can branch Ejiwumi restaurant on our way home and buy finger licking abula inside cooler and chop with our hands till we get to our destination. You guys, the memories were so lovely.

Apart from the fact that I am Half Ekiti and Half Oyo, my love for Amala has made me visit so many amala joints, more like when I visit a new place, the first few questions I ask must include- ‘So where is the best Amala joint in this town’?







I have had bad Amala joint experiences oh, days where I will just stand up immediately after swallowing few morsels because the Amala is T for Trash and I don’t know how to eat food that is not delicious, and




I have had equally amazing experiences in some joint that I have to pray to God to deliver me from the shackles of the joint, because my tarty billion must not be spent eating Amala, Amen, somebody?
 So how to spot a good amala joint if you ask me? Kindly follow my tips: 

1.       Always ask for reviews, I am not saying you should wait till you get to the joint before asking them if their food is okay or not, do not let them throw you inside their big pot of Amala. Just ask cab driver, okada rider or just anyone living in the town you’re visiting. Try and exercise caution though, that an Amala joint is popular does not make them the best.
2.       Make sure there is a standby person always turning the amala on top of fire. Because we want the amala to be peppering our hands while eating. We want to sweat. The oh-ah-ah that must follow each swallow must make sense.
3.       You must also check and see that cold water is available. Pelu toothpicks. Because it must enter seh….
4.       The mixture of meat should include- offals, also known as ‘inu eran’ in our dialect, ponmo and goatmeat/beef. As you wish. I don’t know why people eat fish with Abula because ko ni enter oh.
5.       Do not go to the joint every time oh. Remember the adage that says “there is rice at home” and it is cheaper to actually eat at home. This is my disclaimer.


AMALA JOINTS IN VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN THE COUNTRY-


🏽Iya Foyeke (ogbomoso)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½Mama T (Adenike, LAUTECH Ogbomoso)
 πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Amala Polaris (close to UI gate, Ibadan)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Yakoyo (Oyo)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Canada (Ebute Metta,Lagos)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya Eba (Beckley Str,Lagos Island)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Fabris (Abeokuta)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya ope (oshodi lagos) 
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya mulika (Oshodi Lagos)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Village kitchen (TBS, Lagos)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ White house (Sabo yaba, Lagos)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ 2doors (Mushin Lagos)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Mama no 1 (under G, lautech ogbomoso) 
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Mama Kasim (akure) 
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Omo olope (ado Ekiti) 
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Yakoyo (ita-ore Ekiti bypass)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya oyo (katsina) 
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya Ayo (sabongerin, kano)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ University of Amala (Idimu Lagos)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya Bimbo (itaoshin garage, Abeokuta)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Embassy (Osogbo)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Ojubo Ikun (Osogbo)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya kemi (Osogbo)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Alhaji Joint (Osogbo)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Yetty mama (Osogbo)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya Ruka (Phase I, Adeniji,L/Island)
πŸ‘‰πŸΌ Iya Ibukun (Osogbo)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya Niyi (Minna)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Ikoh Allah (Ilorin)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Madam Saje (Refinery Road, Warri)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Princess food canteen (Along Okene Road)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Amala joint (Futminna back gate)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Omo Yoruba joint (Sapele)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Olaiya Joint (Opposite FSS, Unilag)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½Olaiya Joint (Shitta, Surulere)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iwe Iroyin joint (Abeokuta)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ June 12 canteen (Oke owode ogbomoso)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya Adam  (Ijebu Ode)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya new road (Ijebu Ode)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½Odoegbo (Ijebu Ode)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya Moria (DLI, Unilag)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Owodunni (Bariga, Lagos)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Next level (Oke Koto Agege)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Iya alake (Maryland)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Oluwanishola (Minna)
πŸ‘‰ Lagos kitchen ( Ogbomoso Oyo road)
πŸ‘‰Oluwatobi(Oyo)
πŸ‘‰Eyitayo(Oyo)
πŸ‘‰Ajiwumi(Oyo)
πŸ‘‰Amalasogo(Oyo)
πŸ‘‰IyaOyo(Wuze Abuja)
πŸ‘‰IyaIbadan(Jahi Abuja)
πŸ‘‰Yakoyo(Kubwa Abuja)
πŸ‘‰Iyabo(Kubwa Abuja)
πŸ‘‰Amalaplace(Kubwa Abuja)
πŸ‘‰Ojuelegba(Gwarimpa Abuja)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Amala Spot (ikenegbu, owerri
πŸ‘‰πŸ½iya yusuf (Tanke, Ilorin)
πŸ‘‰πŸ½iya amina ( Olunlade, Opposite Michael Imodu  Institute) 



So guys, cheers to the new year and don’t forget to believe that anything is possible. Remember to put this outgoing year in retrospect and count your blessings. Work hard and pray harder. All will be well. Amen.





I love you!


3 comments:

  1. Oh well, this is a good register of amala joints. If I was a big fan of amala, I would attempt visiting Iya Yusuff during my next visit to Ilorin. But I'm an iyan person. If this was a register of pounded yam joints, I would not mind using my next allawee for a tour.

    Nice compilation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The compilation got to me. Indeed you are good at your craft. Let me find the amala joint at Maryland and hopefully, it will be a place I will be spending my food allowance. I love this article in particular

    ReplyDelete
  3. Titanium TV (Titanium Art) - Titanium Art - TITIAN ART
    TITIAN ART titanium max trimmer TITIAN titanium coating ART. babyliss nano titanium flat iron TITICIAL ART. TITIAN ART TITIAN titanium nipple barbells ART. TITIAN ART TITIAN ART. TITIAN ART TITIAN ART TITIAN ART. TITIAN ART TITIAN ART TITIAN ART. TITIAN fallout 76 black titanium ART TITIAN ART. TITIAN ART TITIAN ART

    ReplyDelete

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS