Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Monday 13 March 2017

7 TIPS FOR A FOOD BLOGGER/LOVER TO STAY IN SHAPE!

Abimbola Omole


Been a while FoodieFam!! Just hit me up on any of my social media platforms and let's catch up πŸ˜šπŸ˜™.



I will not be impressed with technology until I can download food, eat without getting fat! I mean I have not even fulfilled one of my bucket list  of traveling around the world and sampling varieties of food of different countries of the world with za Ozban and I'm starting to gain more weight. *stares at feets* Although, I wouldn't want to sound like a feminist but obviously, women are under a great deal more pressure to be slim than men and we are perceived to be overly concerned about our appearance.
 I was a bit worried about my weight increasing cos I took a little break from my daily exercises. If I put the time and effort I spend worrying about my weight increase learning foreign languages instead, I could be a UN translator by now.   So I started googling 'how to stay in shape without exercises' and for the first time in my 'google search years' I couldn't get anything tangible. Nawa!

You know a yoruba adage says what you are looking for in sokoto (sokoto state) is inside your sokoto (trousers) the same thing applied to me too. I realized my deep obsession for food has led me to develop a few foodie habits that can allow me to stay on the slimmer side- I'm not slim really, I'm not obese either. And I wouldn't want to say I'm in the middle. I think I'm kinda close to being on the slimmer side than on the obese side.





Here are some of my thoughts and suggestions on how a food lover/blogger can manage to stay in shape!  


COOK/EAT HEALTHIER MEALS.

As a food blogger/lover, one major advantage we have  is the ability to cook healthier food for ourselves.  It is very easy cos one has the tools and the resources to understand how to create food that are low-fat and delicious at the same time. Personally, I can lower the carbohydrates and up the protein of a meal without a dish suffering and sacrificing taste. Chef l'omo lati le! Generally loving good food, and working with it, makes you more likely to eat it, And eating healthy foods will not make you pack on your pounds. Don't forget to use spices moderately cos quality is important. Don't also forget FavouriteFoodies slogan ---Good Food! Healthy Feeding!

 FRUITS FOR BREAKFAST
Nothing is as good as fruit! As I mentioned before, I think fruit is one of the most amazing things on the planet. Nothing can compare to the fact that fruit was created with the pure intention to be eaten. I skip breakfast a lot, although I made some resolutions this year to avoid skipping breakkie, and I hope to follow it through (check back in 9 months) so anytime I realize I've skipped breakkie, I just channel my hunger towards fruits. You will find me chewing on carrots, sucking orange, eating mangoes or any other fruit at that, by the time I'm done, I already fill full, without packing more pounds. It has helped a lot. This only happens on weekdays oh! Skip breakfast on weekends? Ko jo rara!

INCLUDE MORE VEGETABLES IN YOUR MEALS.
Despite my occasionally carnivorous escapades, in reality I absolutely love vegetables.
Im not vegetarian by any means. I just find that vegetables are so extremely flavorful. I think the reason some people despise veggies is because when they think vegetables, they think boiled spinach But how good does stir fried vegetables laced with garlic and ginger with some hot plate of boiled rice sounds? BLISS

MORE FISHES!
Cutting back on huge amounts of red meat is a great way to be healthier, I can believe I'm saying this but, learn to cut the amount of meat you eat. Include more fish in your meals, which happens to be quite a bit less fatty than average meat.  We are blessed in this country with various varieties of fish. You can choose anyone you wish!

AVOID LATE NIGHT EATS
To be sincere, eating late night food and drifting into an immediate slumber really does feel amazing! But it doesn't help at all! Try not to eat anything at least 2 - 3 hours prior to going to bed.  (with occasional exceptions of course)  this includes midnight snacking too! Yeah, it's kinda hard... I know

AVOID DEEP FRIED FOODS
Deep fried things taste great, but they don't help in remaining slim! I avoid deep fried foods, not all the time tho but when given a choice, I'll rather go for stir fried, steamed or grilled over deep fried. Sometimes, I spoil myself with some deep fried treat, and it's not that bad, it's just a good habit to cut back on deep fried foods.

MORE WATER
Water is the ultimate drink and its really the only necessary beverage. I see plenty of people in their most extreme stages of thirst heading to the nearest convenience store and proceeding to guzzle a couple bottles of energy drinks, just to quench their thirst. Not cool fam. Not cool. Learn to take more water, it has so many benefits. Don't wait till you feel thirsty before you drink water. If taking water bore your taste buds, you can try taking some natural drinks.  I have a post of natural healthy drinks you can check it here.


 
In the end, I know its a clichΓ©, but a balanced diet really is the formula. Eat those delicious massive feasts when you decide to spoil yourself, but cut back on the things you know are bad for you. Balance that out with some exercise and an abundance of fruit and vegetables (which might taste a lot better than you think) and youre well on your way to eating like a food blogger/lover and staying slim! Do you have any other tips? Please share with me!



Connect with me on Twitter -@miss_abimbola, I'm looking for bffs  ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS