Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Monday 13 March 2017

YUMMY PEPPERED MEAT RECIPE!

Abimbola Omole







 As cliche as this sounds, I really don't like eating ordinary fried meat, Lol. Except I'm using it to drink garri and that one sef is occashuna. Call me ajeborh all you want but I really don't like eating ordinary fried meat, except it's peppered!  
Yorubas call it 'Eran ti won yi lata' or Eran ti ata ti sa wonu e or Eran to ti muta yo!  All translated meat that is dipped in stew!


I love peppered meat ehn! I always make an effort to stew my meat anytime I'm preparing Jollof, the combo is so tasty. Yummy sontin. I recently shared this recipe with one of my padis and I'd also love to share it with you guys too!



INGREDIENTS
·         10  Fresh Tomatoes
·         5 Habanero Pepper ( atarodo)
·         6 Tatashe
·         2 or 3 onion bulbs
·         Vegetable Oil,
·          2 or 3 onoin bulbs,
·         5 Habanero Pepper (atarodo),
·         2 Seasoning cubes.
·         Ginger
·         1 Table spoon of Thyme
·         1 Table spoon of Curry
·         300g of Beef
·         Salt to Taste

DIRECTION
1. Wash and cut the meat into small sizes and place in a pot, add, thyme, curry, two seasoning cubes and salt to taste. Cook the meat until it is done. (Personally, after seasoning the meat, I don't add water till 5 minutes later, so the ingriedients will enter the meat well)
2. Set aside the boiled meat and reserve the beef stock, it will be used later. 

3. Grind the tomatoes, atarodo, tatashe, onions and ginger, make sure the mix is not smooth,

then set to boil until the consistency is thicker and the excess water has dried up.

4. Heat up the vegetable oil and deep fry the meat.
 The next step is to then prepare the stew that will be used to coat the meat.
5. Heat up the vegetable oil and, add some onions. Add the boiled tomatoes mix from earlier and fry for about 10-15 minutes. S-t-i-r continously to prevent burning at the bottom pot.  (Have you read my bottom post story? Check it here.)
6. Add the beef stock from earlier and cook for about 5-10 minutes, you really don't need to add more seasoning because of the already seasoned stock. But you can decide to add seasoning cubes and salt if you wish.
7. This is the final stage where you get to add the fried meat! So pour in the meat into the stew and just keep stirring until the stew has enveloped the meat LOL.
8. Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes and Voila! Peppered Meat Is R-E-A-D-Y
9. Serve with any dish of choice!
10. Enjoy!


Have you liked my facebook page yet? If not visit www.facebook.com/favouritefoodies and click the like button so you can interact with me and we become best friends!



*Blows Kiss*




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS