Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Tuesday 7 August 2018

PORRIDGE BEANS RECIPE

Abimbola Omole
My family people enjoy calling me 'Dorky Elewa' I have on countless occasions tried refusing that tag but the harder I try, the more they keep calling me "Dorky Elewa"  so these days, I just un-look. I shall not be stressed anymore. 

There was a particular incident that triggered that tag, dated as back as when I was a toddler, I have heard this story countless times and I never get tired of listening to it. Do you want me to share it with you? But first let's get to the main koko of this post, the story will come later, at the end of the post.




Beans is one food that has drawn so many attention away from itself, I don't know why. Most people  I know Do. Not. Like. Beans and i honestly don't know why too, while the minority who love beans loves it so much that they eat it about 5 times a week. I think I am a bit indifferent about eating beans. I only eat it due to health reasons and I try as much as possible to tweak the cooking process so I enjoy it a whole lot now, unlike before. So why not share the recipe?


INGREDIENTS
  • Two cups of Black eyed beans.
  • Medium sized onions
  • 3 teaspoons of crayfish powder
  • Dried fish
  • Chopped ponmo
  • Plantains.
  • 3 pieces of Habanero pepper (Ata-rodo) 
  • One cooking spoon of Palm oil.
  • Salt to taste
  • Seasoning cubes (optional)


DIRECTIONS.
  1. The first step is to pick the beans. Like, remove all stones, hair, sand, money, stones again from the beans. Basically, remove anything that does not look like Beans.
  2. Set your cooking pot on high heat, pour in water and bring it to a boil. Rinse the beans and pour it into the pot of boiling water and add sliced onions. 
  3. Cook the beans for one hour, you may have to keep adding water until it is very very soft, I enjoy soft beans a lot so I add extra 15 minutes, for the culture.
  4. After 1 hour, add the remaining sliced onions, chopped ponmo, blended atarodo, palm oil and plantains. 
  5. Allow it to simmer for 15 minutes and then add the dried fish and cray fish powder, seasoning cubes and salt.
  6. Sometimes, I even go funky and add Ugu leaves because healthy living, but those days don't come quite often. 
  7. Your porridge beans is ready. Either serves with plantains and/or Garri,Like I did mine.

  8.  Back to the story, It happened when I was about 2 years old. One of my favorite Aunties carried me because I would most definitely not agree to be with anyone else except her. So on that fateful morning, she was cooking beans and was pouring water into the pot of boiling beans, and I already asked her for water few minutes earlier but I was so impatient and I shook the hot pot and Voila the hot pot of beans poured on my chest, accidentally.

    I still have a mild discoloration on my chest till this day.

    😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

    Do not forget to like my facebook page.


    God Bless You! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS