Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Saturday 30 June 2018

UPDATED PUFF-PUFF RECIPE!!!

Abimbola Omole

 





I do have weird cravings and most of the time I satisfy these cravings because You Only Live Once and anything can happen any time.



This was me few weeks back, when I suddenly craved puffpuff on a Thursday morning which was a weekday and I decided to satisfy my cravings before going to work just because nkan to wu eleda mi je niyen.
Let’s just say I got to work a little before mid-day and I still branched my best friend’s office to drop some for her.

You may be curious and decide to ask me why Puffpuff  B? what happened to craving Pizza and Sharwarma etc., Chill let me explain.


There was a Sunday in church where we were asked to wait for a meeting, I had a conversation with myself and we both decided to wait for the meeting. At the end of the meeting we were served this delicious puff puff that tasted so delicious, I mean not only was I tasting pepper, I was also tasting ginger and garlic with some added spices! I just made a mental note to myself that I was gonna try it out!
As usual, I was used to postponing the moment until my taste buds decided to go hay wire on me that morning and there was no way I could postpone again.

I tried it and I am here to share the testimony of the wonders of my updated puff puff recipe. It tasted so nice and delish! Let me share the recipe with you…. What are friends for  !?

INGREDIENTS
·       200g of all-purpose flower
·       2 tea spoons of yeast
·       1 teaspoon of ginger seasoning
·       1 teaspoon of garlic seasoning
·       ½ teaspoon of  nutmeg
·       ½ teaspoon of onion powder.
·       1 teaspoon of grounded pepper
·       1 table spoon of granulated sugar
·       Salt to taste
·       Luke warm water for mixing.
·       Vegetable oil for frying.


DIRECTIONS
1. Sieve the all-purpose flour and add the yeast, sugar, salt ginger, garlic, dried nutmeg and onion powder. Basically, add all the dried ingredients together.

 

2.    Start mixing all the ingredients and make sure they are well mixed. K-E-E-P M-I-X-I-N-G until you have achieved a well-mixed mixture. (see what I did there? Lol)
3.    Add water in small quantities and mix everything by hand until you have achieved a good blend of all the ingredients.  We are using warm water, so we won’t have to wait for 24 hours before the batter proofs.
 



4.    Cover the batter with aluminum foil and set aside, I place mine in an unheated oven because the environment is quite warm, and I like warm.
5.    Leave to rise about 30 minutes, you’ll know it is ready when you start seeing bubble on the surface.


 



6.    Pour some oil into a deep pot and allow to heat up, you can test by dropping a batter into the oil, if the batter comes to the top and sizzles, then it is hot enough, but if it goes down then it is remaining small niyen.
7.    Scoop the batter with your hands into the hot oil and make sure they are not overcrowded because we want that perfectly round shape of puffpuff
8.    Allow it to fry till it turns golden brown.
9.    It is ready to be consumed!
110.                       Serve while hot and share with your friends like I did mine
.















Please try it out and you can always reach me on all my social media platforms if you have further questions!

*KIZZEZ*












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS