Now you can Subscribe using RSS

Submit your Email

Monday 26 December 2016

NIGERIAN PANCAKE RECIPE!

Abimbola Omole





Anytime I am at home, the only thing bobo josh (younger brother) keeps shouting all day is- 'when will you 
make pancakes for me? Then he goes ahead to remind me of my promise the 'day before sometimes around last month' when I told him I will make pancakes for him. He will start guilt tripping me till he gets my heart pricked then I go ahead to make another promise of making him pancakes the next day which obviously I won't keep. LOL

So, on Friday morning, he just change matter for me oh, see this small boy spitting verse for me because of pancakes, it was just me and him at home and I could see that he was really vexed. Ordinary pancakes oh! So I just sighed heavily and started gathering ingredients to make pancakes, which I am about to share its recipe!
ENJOY!


So Enjoy! 

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup of plain flour
  • 2 tablespoons of margarine (melted)
  • 2 medium eggs
  • ½ cup of evaporated milk
  • 1 cup of water
  • Sugar to taste
  • Salt to taste
  • Chilli pepper to taste
  • Vegetable oil


DIRECTIONS
1. Place the margarine in a small bowl and melt in a microwave at room temperature, if phcn nor bring light juz put the bowl in a bigger bowl of hot water.
2. Mix the wet ingredients together- break the two eggs in the melted margarine from (1) above and beat till it is smooth, then proceed to add the milk.
3. In a separate bowl, sieve the cups of flour and pour in the mixed wet ingredients and the cups of water, continue mixing till there are minimal lumps.
4. Add the chilli pepper, salt and sugar and keep s-t-i-r-r-i-n-g until you have a smooth consistency.
5. You can blend the mix together using a blender cos it will give it the smoothest consistency. This is very optional tho.
6. Set a frying pan over medium heat and add a few drops of vegetable oil, just enough to lubricate it. Make sure the oil is not too much so it won't 'deep fry' or not too small so it won't burn.
7. When hot, pour some pancake mix into the frying pan and allow it to spread considerably. You can tilt the frying pan to achieve this.
8. Fry the underside of the pancake for about 1 minute; you will know if it is ready if it starts showing bubbles on the top. Also shake the pan from time to time till it comes loose.
9. Then F-L-I-P is over! This is my favorite part! FLIP it like a boss! So you can fry the top as well.
10. Pancakes are ready when it's golden brown in color!

Serve with any beverage drink of your choice!



Of course, I later asked bobojosh how come he loves pancake this much! Because me I am not understanding. He later told me- 'because the first time I ate it I actually liked it' talking about love at first bite! LOL
Anyway, make sure you head over to my facebook page- www.facebook.com/favouritefoodies and like my page!




*Blows Kiss*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Coprights @ 2016, Designed By VADEX BRANDS